Saturday, September 16, 2006

Mermers of Friday

Yesterday was a great day. It start for me with some work that I did not work on because Brian was MIA. So I hung around his office and worked the cube and my logos till it was time for me to go to lunch.

Lunch was where all the fun began. Lesley was sweet enough to buy me some lunch cause my card was in my car way our front. David and Jeff joined out merry little group of Chris, Svick, Sarah, Lesley and myself. We learned more about David yesterday, he was going to be a preacher, which i think is really cool. We learned that Chris has a fetish for hair nets and that i cant keep my mouth shut. But the best part was the person it was about was not listening and the person that it did not mater about was listening. We laughted for along time.

Newspaper meeting went great. Mike that sits with us at lunch joined and he decided to take on alot of different articles. We have four reporters this semseter which is great. More content and more people geting intrested in the newspaper. They kinda have turned the editor in cheif over to me which scares me to death. I can lead when I want to but its been since high school since I have lead anything. I dont know what I'm going to do next year with out Amber. She is a great help. Also with newspaper the graphic designers (me and amber) are doing the flyers and mailers for fall festival. I cant wait to get started on the paper. I was thinking monday I might start pushing to get some ads from our normal people at the college. Maybe we can find some other sometime soon.

Yesterday evening, to close out my day, was great too. I came home shortly after our meeting. Kevin was still asleep, he had to get up at 6 for the first time since merlefest. So I came in really quite and got to work on my cube. I knew Chad would be at the college till late so I wanted to get the cube done and get it printed. I got over there and poor Amber had only one box left to fix. They had gone down to the room to work on it. She got it fixed saved it and Adobe froze up. Her file was corupted and she had to start all over again. Her and Chad got it fixed and we got our stuff printed at about 8. We decided to go get some dinner. Kevin was busy and told me to just bring something back to him. We spent 2 hours in pizza hut just laughing and talking. Its crazy how me and amber and chad have became such good friends. I never thought chad would talk to me again after A. i redesigned his cover, and B. we find things about him on the web that i was swore to never talk about again. Though we always make sure to go out with other people so no one can start a rumor that chads doing things with his students he should not be. I would really hate to be the reason that he got in trouble or even worse fired over cause of rumors of "inapropartet conduct"

After dinner I came home and played WOW for the frist time in a week and had me a drink and went to bed.

Its great to feel like i finally belong here. When me and kevin first moved here i knew noone and who i did know was kevins family and friends. None of my own friends. Now I feel like I'm starting to fit in really well. Hanging out with friends and spending time with husband my two favorit things in the world.

But off to get ready and go make some photos really fast.

From my cornor of the world to yours

No comments: