Thursday, June 07, 2007

The finished look



well here it is she loves it with a little bit of input from some friends i got it looking really good and she loves it thats the best part. she even said depending on the season we could change the color of it.

As most of you know the hubbys mom found out she had cancer and the week after graduation they had her surgery. well last week she found out she was cancer free that they got it all. Great news she found out on thursday and well she fell on friday and went back today to fix what she pulled when she fell. Just talk to the family and she is doing good which is great. I have been worried about her since she found out. Cancer and moms are not a new thing to me. When i was 14 my moms kidneys shut down and she had to life flighted to a larger hospital than the one she was at. After days of not know what had shut them down they finally determed that she had cancer and it was a rare form of cancer. A seed cancer that one large piece of cancer has something set it off and it shoot smaller ones out in to the body. Mom only weighed 98 pounds when she was ommited to the hospital and i was still a kid. I remember dad taking me outside and telling me what they had decided it was and that cemo was not an option cause of her low weight and the fast spread of it. they gave her 3 weeks to live. She came home and lived 6 weeks total after finding out to only pass away on dec 21. I remember having to tell her i would take care of my dad and it was ok to go. It was hard to say the least. So when Kevins mom would not tell us what was wrong I shut the world off and started to remember and be confronted with all the feelings all over again. It also reminded me of all the good times me and my mom had. I have learned that god works in strange ways and if you trust in him he will help you though any thing. Kevins mom is a fighter and no matter what is put in her way she will find a way to move on. Kevin has a lot of that same spirit in him. So i stood strong for him and for his mom. I miss my mom every day something big in my life happens but i know she still watching me and will always watch me and she raised me the best she could. I love you Mom where ever you are.

No comments: